August 28 to September 18 is the date of the closure.
As part of the Finch West Light Rail Transit (LRT) Project, crews will be doing road, sidewalk and curb works at Jayzel Drive and Finch Avenue West.
The work is scheduled to start on August 28 and will last three weeks, approximately. To safely perform the work, the temporary traffic staging as shown above will remain in place.
Work may be rescheduled due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
Please take extra care when navigating near work sites, and always make eye contact with the driver before crossing in front of any equipment or vehicle.
Minor field modifications may occur when needed to complete work safely and minimize impact on the public.
Noise and vibration will be monitored when required during these activities.
• Work will primarily occur Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. There may be overnight and/or weekend work, if needed.
• Signs are installed to keep residents informed about the closure.
• Dates are tentative and may change. For up-to-date information please visit us at:metrolinx.com/finchwestlrt
• Inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances may delay work activities.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
• Heavy trucks and equipment in the area.
• Due to the nature of the work, at times there will be dust, noise and vibration associated with this work.
• Nearby businesses and residents can expect noise from excavators, bobcats, vacuum trucks, and other construction equipment caused by road work activities.
• Expect delays near work zones.
• A minimum of one lane of traffic in each direction along Finch Avenue West will be always maintained.
• There will be a Paid Duty Officer, flaggers, and detour signs to direct traffic, as needed.
PEDESTRIAN, TRAFFIC AND TRANSIT DETAILS:
• Road and sidewalk restrictions are in place within the construction area to protect workers and the public.
• Pedestrians will be re-routed around the construction area when possible. For safety reasons, pedestrians may be diverted to the sidewalk on the opposite side.
• TTC bus stops will be closed or relocated away from work zones, as needed.
• Relocation of bus stops is done in consultation with TTC.
• Access to TTC will be always maintained. For more information please visit: www.ttc.ca