Closures for LRT guideway installation on Finch Avenue W and Signet Drive
As part of the Finch West Light Rail Transit (LRT) Project, crews will be working on the guideway Installation at the Intersection of Finch Avenue West and Signet Drive. The work also includes installation of permanent traffic signals and at grade stops. It is scheduled to start in July 2022, and will last for two months, approximately.
Sidewalks and crosswalks may be closed periodically. Minor field modifications will occur when needed to complete work safely and minimize impact on the public.
There will be a Paid Duty Officer, flaggers, and detour signs to direct traffic, as needed.
The City will continue monitoring noise and vibration levels to make sure they are always within permitted ranges
• Work will primarily occur Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. There may be overnight and/or weekend work, if needed.
• Signs are installed to keep local residents informed about the closure.
• Dates are tentative and may change. For up-to-date information please visit:www.metrolinx.com/finchwestlrt
• Inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances may delay work activities.WHAT TO EXPECT:
• Heavy trucks and equipment in the area.
• Due to the nature of the work, at times there will be dust, noise and vibration associated with this work.
• Nearby businesses and residents can expect noise from excavators, bobcats, vacuum trucks and other construction equipment caused by road work activities.
• Expect delays near work zones.PEDESTRIAN, TPAFFIC AND TRANSIT DETAILS:
• Road and sidewalk restrictions are in place within the construction area to protect workers and the public.
• Pedestrians will be re-routed around the construction area when possible.
For safety reasons, pedestrians may be diverted to the sidewalk on the opposite side.