Tony D’Aversa’s Authentic Tiramisu
* 4 eggs
* 150 g sugar
* 360 g mascarpone soft cheese
* Savoiardi biscuits
* Strong unsweetened espresso coffee, allowed to cool
* 1/2 shot of Sambuca (optional)
* Unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Whip egg yolks together with the sugar until sugar has dissolved and mixture is stiff. Fold in mascarpone.
2. Whip, in separate bowl, egg whites until stiff and fold in mascarpone mixture. Let sit for 5 mins.
3. Dip biscuits lightly in coffee ( Sambuca optional )
4. Place and arrange biscuits in dish to make 1st layer of biscuits.
5. Spread mascarpone mixture over 1st layer of biscuits.
6. Repeat steps 3-6 to form second layer (preferred)
7. Repeat steps 3-6 to form third layer (optional)
7. Dust top layer with cocoa powder.
8. Chill for several hours, preferably overnight.